Are you neglectful in raising your children?
What is negligence in raising our children?
The neglect of children is represented in the failure to meet their basic requirements of material, psychological, educational, medical, and many other requirements that these children need. Therefore, it is necessary to know the children's needs and balance them so that there is no defect in education. Some parents may care about the material aspect, neglecting the psychological aspect, for example, or they may care about the educational aspect at the expense of the medical aspect.
What are the forms of neglect?
Not putting children as a top priority, if many parents are asked: What is the most important thing in your life? They would have answered: Our children, but in fact, if parents looked at the time they spend with their children they would find it very little compared to their other interests and we should not forget here that it is worth mentioning that parents should take more care of the children and allocate time to listen to them and a day for the week trip as this will greatly help to create harmony between the child And parents.
- Denying or minimizing their feelings, such as feelings of fear or sadness, this factor is very important, as parents are the fortress in which children are entrenched, so they must always feel safe.
- Parents' failure to express feelings of love towards their children, creates a gap, especially in adolescence.
- The child’s refusal or refusal to deal with him for certain reasons, such as his appearance, for example, or his behavior. Here, one child should not be distinguished from the other because of his appearance, a specific behavior he performs, or a disability. Who knows, the child may be a scientist in the future, so try to search for his capabilities and skills and try to develop them.
- Not listening to them when they speak, and listening here means that you look at him when he speaks to feel your desire to hear him and your interest in him.
- Underestimating their achievements and not caring, or not correcting them when they make a mistake.
- Not to teach them moral values, and those need to be set by example and not just direct words.
- Sarcasm and humiliation of the child, especially in front of others, criticize his shortcomings and ridicule him. You destroy the child from the inside if you do that, so make sure to treat him properly and do not try to hurt him or make fun of him in front of everyone. Caring for children helps them to be self-confident and progress faster.
- Indifference in protecting children from physical and psychological dangers. Always make sure that your children are away from danger, because you may cause the child a permanent disability.
- Leaving the child to sit for long periods in front of the television or the phone to get rid of his disturbance, and this is very dangerous, as some studies have shown that children may suffer from muteness due to watching television for long periods, and it may cause autism in children.
What are the negative effects of neglect?
- The child becomes very violent and may resort to making mistakes to draw the attention of the father and mother in order to get attention. All that the child requires at this stage is more attention, and we do not mean excessive attention here. In some matters, we must tell him that he has grown up, and we must teach him how to do some things himself, but gradually.
- Aggressiveness in the child, where he expresses his anger as a result of neglect. You may be surprised one day that the school complains about your child's aggressive behavior, and in fact, you are wrong in this. Because in all seriousness, you must spend time advising the child, spending time with him, and teaching him to help others. Every child sees a parental role model to follow and act exactly like it.
- Insecurity. As we mentioned earlier, the child's insecurity is due to some reasons, which are neglect or the child's continuous lies when they complain about something, so you must allocate the necessary time for the children.
- A lack of a sense of interest, and generates a person who is not confident in himself and may try to do harmful or bad things to get this attention.
- Psychological dullness and indifference, so the son becomes not interested in what happens around him in terms of accidents. In fact, many children suffer from this because of the neglect of their parents. The child at a certain stage must change your style with him, treat him as a friend, listen to him, and not make him feel that you are in control of him, but that he has His own decisions and his own opinions that parents respect, and you can also ask him for advice, as that will make him feel very confident.
- Resorting to addiction in all its forms, unfortunately, most of the children who seek drugs suffer from a lack of family affection. Most of them have parents who do not have time for their children, as all their time is devoted to working.
- In view of the seriousness of the negative effects that accrue to children as a result of neglect, it has become necessary to avoid this problem by searching for its causes and addressing them, and creating a coherent family atmosphere that aims to build a balanced, ambitious, persistent, and self-confident generation.
- Giving children more care at a young age will relieve you of many problems that may cause your child to grow up, especially in adolescence, and sometimes problems that may cause him to be lost forever, so be careful to take the necessary care and not discriminate between your children and bring special gifts to everyone without distinction and focus on their talents Inside every child is a talent and you are the one who has to develop it and sometimes extracts it.